Sunday 14 March 2010

Zoo Life




Here are some of the pictures I have taken of my time at Living Coasts so far! I have hundreds and hundreds of pictures but thought I would just post a few.

The first one is of Oscar (one of the seals I work with) The second is the view from where I stand to collect my data and the third is a cheeky little macaroni penguin about to head into the water to eat some fish I threw in there for him!

Since the sun has been showing itself over the past few days I have been thinking how lucky I am to work in such a beautiful place with so many fantastic animals. Although I am far away from home and miss everyone loads I should remember how lucky I am to have this opportunity. Obviously it's not perfect there is the rain and the freezing wind and the pecking and biting and fish guts smeared all over my face everyday but the good outweigh the bad!

This week has been a sad week at the zoo as one of our elephants had to be put to sleep as she was in a lot of pain so the mood has been quite subdued! She was a lovely elephant and had been at the zoo for over 30 years!

On a plus side we have a number of baby penguins in the nests and Living Coasts which is exciting! :)

More on the Zoo later just thought I would make a little post about it while I had a minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment